Monday, November 5, 2007

Hey Girl: 01

Chap 1 (enrolment)

Two hours before,

“Umma! Appa! Oppa!” I screamed at the top of lungs, holding on to a piece of paper and waving it frantically, while running around the house into the living room.

“What happened? What are you screaming like a mad woman?” my father bellowed putting down the newspaper he had been reading for the past hour.

“Yes dear. What’s all this screaming about?” my mother came in to the living room carrying a cup of coffee in her hand for my father.

“YAH! WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU! JUST WHEN AN IDEA STRUCK ME, YOU HAD TO SCREAM. I’VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS MUSIC PIECE ALL DAY!!” my brother came downstairs, grumbling.

I laughed and hid behind the sofa my parents were sitting on.

“Where is she!? All that screaming better be for good or else I’ll wring her neck.” He continued to grumble when he stepped into the living room.

“Come out dear. Tell us what happened?” my mother pulled me from behind the sofa.

I smiled and sat beside my frowning brother. I opened the paper held in my hand and read the contents out loud.

“You’ve made it! My dear Jiyul is going to Seoul Institute of the Arts!” my mother said, tears rolling down her cheeks. I nodded with glee.

“Congratulations. I’m so proud of you.” my father added.

“Appa, stop that. Oh! I’m gonna miss you both.” I got up from the sofa and hugged my parents.

“Great! Now, that you’re in my school, I’ll be watching you!” pointing his finger at me, my brother patted my head.

“Oppa!” I pouted.

He laughed, “Alright, alright. I was just joking. Do you think I have that much free time to baby-sit you?”

“Anyway, where is she gonna stay?” he asked.

“What do you mean by where she’s staying? With you, of course. She can’t be staying here, in Chungnam, right?” My father replied.

“What! Appa! I’m living with 2 other GUY friends. We can’t have a girl in our house.” My brother said, defensive.

“Selfish.” I muttered under my breath. He glared at me.

“You wouldn’t want your sister to stay all alone in Seoul, right Jaejoong? I could sell off that house and make all of you stay in your school dorms.” My father said.

“Arasseo. Arasseo. I’ll talk to the guys. She better not give us problems.” He said giving me that look, got up from the sofa and went back up to his room.

“HAHA!! Very funny, oppa.” I shouted and went back to my room to pack my things.

#

“Oppa, can I come in?” I said.

“Yea, come in. The door’s not lock.” I stepped into his room and sat at the side of this bed.

“What is it, Jiyul?” he turned his chair to face me.

“I was just wondering. Are they nice?”

“What? Who?”

“Your friends. I mean your housemates.”

“You’ll know as soon as you meet them. You better get to bed now. Tomorrow’s gonna be a long day.”

I dragged my feet out of his room feeling dejected with his answer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home