Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hey Girl: 04

Chap 4 (School event)

"Ladies and Gentleman! Welcome to Seoul Institute of the Arts!" we diverted our attention to the center stage when we heard the MC.

Thank god, Mister MC, whoever you are. I am so not keen to start a conversation with this good-looking stranger's talkative friend Kim Junsu, really.

"I'm EeTeuk and I'll be the MC for today's event. This event is held annually to welcome all newcomers to the campus and is only performed by our third year students. Today’s event is going to be the best we’ve had so far. So I want everyone out there to sit back and enjoy the performance organized by your very own sunbaes." The MC said.

Okae relax Jiyul. Sit back and enjoy the show. Everything will be fine. Mister MC said so.

“First up, we have our beautiful girls dancing to Lee Hyori’s Toc Toc Toc!” the MC announced. A group of year 3 girls got on stage. Everyone started screaming when the music starts. The event went on smoothly thereafter.

“Wow! They are all really good. Don’t you think so, Kim Jiyul-shi?” Kim Junsu said. There he goes again. I gave a slight nod.

"I guess you aren’t much of a talker, are you Kim Jiyul-shi?" he asked again. Me? Not much of a talker? Who is he to judge? How can this lad talk so much without stopping? It’s weird, really. I had to make him stop.

"Hyung, I think you should stop disturbing her." came a voice before I could say anything. Omo. Thank you so much, Changmin-shi. Junsu remained silent after that. It made me so guilty.
But nonetheless, I heaved a sigh of relief. Finally, I can enjoy the show without any disturbance.

Isn’t oppa performing yet? Where is he?

“Alright people, here comes the highlight of the whole event! The last three performances everyone’s been waiting for! These sunbaes are voted the best of the best in the campus! These three students are the pride of Seoul Institute of the Arts.” Everyone listened attentively.

“First, Put your hands together for Park Yoochun, who will be presenting the song he recently composed entitled, Like Weather!” the MC said. A handsome young man all dressed in white suit stood on stage. He bowed to the crowd, gestured a thumbs up to the front row seat and took his seat facing the piano. He hit a key and started to sing.

Inside the narrow shadow
Is a voice that does not flow
I couldn’t even prepare an umbrella
To avoid the pain like a falling rain

Like a fool,Since it’s the first time yet
You may call me a fool
I just hide the tears that cease to flow
Welled up in my eyes
From the time I was able to know my lover's smile
How can it just dry up like yesterday's rain
It was agonizing everytime the words were thrown

I just kept the tears that cease to flow
Welled up in my eyes
From the time I was able to know my lover's smile
How can it just dry up like yesterday's rain

I can't just forget it like this
My heart just becomes number
How can I just wait? I’m still falling apart
I'm still falling apart the sky is clear,
Droplet by droplet,
I start to cry.

He stood up and bowed. Everyone clapped and cheered loudly. He smiled, “Kamsahammnida!” and then went off stage.

“Wow! I wish I could compose a song like him too. Do you think I can be like him, Kim Jiyul-shi?” There he goes again.

“Sure why not.” Came my reply. I talked which actually made me really surprised. This charming lad, Kim Junsu must have made me feel comfortable with his company by then.

“A very nice ballad you got there, Park Yoochun. Thank You! A round of applause everyone! Next, give it up for Jung Yunho! He’ll be showing us his fabulous moves as he dances to his self-composed beat.” The lights went off. The spotlight shone on a tall handsome young man, dressed in black silky top and black skinny jeans, standing on stage. The music started. Everyone watched attentively. I was amazed.

Oh my god! Does a perfect man even exist in life? He’s even hotter than the good-looking stranger called Shim Changmin and his talkative friend named Kim Junsu and Jaejoong oppa.

The music reached the ending; he made his final signature move and froze. Everyone including me rose, clapping our hands, whistling and screaming.

“(Taking the microphone from the MC) Kamsahamnida!” he said in between pants.

“Another rounds of applause to Jung Yunho sunbae everyone! Alas, to conclude our event, the man in every girl’s dream, put your hands together for, Kim Jaejoong and his chosen song, Saranghamnida. The stage is all yours, Sunbae.” The MC announced.

So bad, a person a like you.
Why did you take my heart without my permission?
Im living with so much difficulty
But you don’t even know.

I know, that it’s not me
That im not worthy enough for even a blink of your eye
But sometimes can’t you share your smile with me too?
Even if its not love

Please turn back just once sometime
If I wait endlessly like this today
Again it’s the one word in my heart that I can’t keep inside
I love you.

Yesterday, I laid my head on my desk
And I think I fell asleep grieving for you
When I opened my eyes, the tears had smudged
Your name and hopeless doodles

As I look at your back image
Which I got so used to
I say those silent tear-like words,
I love you.

(Saranghamnida - Tim)

He walked down the stage with a rose in his right hand. He slowed down when he reached the third row. There was something peculiar from the way he looked at that girl. Then, he walked past her to the fifth row where I was. He stood right in front of me. All eyes were on us except hers. The girl whom he was looking at previously finally turned around. She was beautiful but she looked so sad. I looked back at him when I remembered he was standing right in front of me. I stood up.

“What are you doing, oppa?” I whispered.

He handed the rose and hugged me. I returned the hug, feeling confused. I looked back at the girl. She turned back to the front, her face looking down on the floor.The song ended.

“Thanks dongsaeng.” He whispered to me, releasing his hug.

“Kamsahamnida!” his voice echoed through the auditorium as he thanked the crowd. He went backstage.

The rest of the day went fine. Well, almost. Ever since the rose & hug incident, every passage I walked through, and every stair I climbed and every corner I passed, evil stares awaits. Even those two lads who sat with me disappeared soon after the event ended. I was left all alone to venture around the school. I couldn’t stand the mental torture I was facing, I had to call Jaejoong oppa and ask him to bring me home. The first day of school will definitely be listed in one of my unforgettable memories.


#Authors Note: Finally the Chap 4 is out. School event. I wanted to write longer for the school event but i lost my train of thoughts i had to stop there. will be thinking about expanding chap 5 tonight. ((: comments comments!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home