Monday, April 7, 2008

Hey Girl: 08

Chap 8 (the date, the friend.)

“Chagia!” he called out as soon as he saw her sitting alone at the corner of the cafeteria.

Her favourite drink; green tea was still left untouched on the table. He knew she had been there for quite a while as he observed the condensed water droplets dripping at the sides of her glass. The most significant thing was; that wasn’t her true self.

He knew she was still upset over the incident earlier. Lately, she would just stare into space and ignore everyone else’s presence. He missed her, his jovial and bubbly girlfriend. It seriously bothered him, for he knew he was the one to be blamed for all this.

“Yah. Yoorim-ah.” he touched her right arm lightly to get her attention and sat down next to her.

“Neh?” she turned. “Oh, oppa. When did you get here?” she added.

“I miss you.”

She smiled. She knew she wasn’t being herself lately. She knew she hadn’t been there for him when he needed her, ever since that incident. Most important of all, she knew he wasn't the one to be blamed.

“I miss you too.” She answered truthfully, pinching his puffy cheeks and ending it with a light peck.

“Let’s skip last period.” He said short, pulling her lightly out of the cafeteria.

“Why?” she asked, astonished.

“Just felt like it,” he smiled, taking her to his BMW Mini Cooper.

Out of the school compound, he drove for another hour and finally reached their favourite ice cream parlour.

“2 chocolate ice cream sundae and 2 glasses of iced water, please.” He told the waiter as soon as they found a place to sit.

“Ok. Why are we skipping class? It’s not like us to be skipping classes. Oppa, wae?”

“Just because...”

“Oppa?” she asked again.

“Araseo. Araseo. I just want to spend some time with you. That’s all.”

She sighed and shooked her head, “Alright, if you say so.”

The ice cream and iced water came.

“Yoorim-ah. About that day, Jaejoong hyung shouldn’t…”

“Lets not talk about that, ok”

“Yoorim –ah. Do you still love me?”

“Neh. Why the sudden question?”

“Nah. I was just curious.” He said and giving her, a flirtatious wink which made her stucked out her tongue at him.

I promise you that incident will not happen again. I don’t ever want to see you sad.

Just like he had said earlier, they certainly spent some quality time together at the ice cream parlour.

#

[Meanwhile in school]

I was standing outside my locker, keeping those things I didn’t need and taking those notes that I have to study later at home, dumping them into my bag.

“Yah!” someone shouted. I ignored the voice.

“Yah! You in that ugly pink top!” I turned at the mention of the colour pink.

There stood Yunho, about 3 metres away from me. I broke into cold sweat immediately as he walked closer. My face stayed parallel to the ground.

I looked up to find his body only inches away from mine. I didn’t expect him to be that tall. I froze for a second. Everyone else was looking at our direction. I mean, why wouldn’t they when one of the most popular guys was standing only inches away from me.

God, why do I have to face this? I’m sure going to get bashed up later.

“So where’s my 10 bucks?”

‘Ah sheesh, that stupid mug.’

“I don’t have it with me right now.”

“What do you mean you don’t have it with you right now? You owe me 10 bucks, so pay up! Now!”

“I… I...” Not knowing what to do, I ran all the way to the girl’s room as fast as I could. Ok fine I know, that was a super wrong move. But what was I to do?

“Does he have to embarrass me in front of everyone like that? Can’t he wait till I’m home before he can harass me with the money? What a jerk!” I said in between pants.

“Yah. Whom are you talking to?” A girl about my height came out of the cubicle asked.

“No one. No one, in particular.” Splashing tap water on face and retying my hair back.

“Oh, alright.” She smiled as she washed he hands, then to the dryer to dry them.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Maya.” She held out her right hand for a handshake. She smiled again.

“Oh. Annyeong. I’m Jiyul. Nice to meet you too, Maya-shi.” I can’t help but noticed she had the sweetest smile. I smiled back.

“Were you out, running? It must have been a long run then? You were panting like crazy.”

I just smiled. I couldn’t tell her that I broke Yunho’s favorite mug which will led me into telling her that I’m living with 3 of the most popular sunbaes from school too. I cannot afford to make another person hate me. I had enough of Jaejoong oppa’s crazy ‘fans’. Besides, she looks very nice and pleasant.

We both made our way out of the girl’s room.

“Are you a student here?” She asked.

“Uhuh. First Year, Music major.”

“Hey! Me too. We’re course mates then.”

“Serious? How come I’ve never seen you before?”

“Oh! I just reached Seoul yesterday from London.”

“Woah! London? ”

“Yea, My dad had to work there for a year so the whole family was asked to follow.”

“I see. Oh! Oppa is here already. I guess we’ll bump into each other again tomorrow. Annyeong Kiseyo, Maya-shi” I said as soon as I saw my brother leaning on his car, waiting.

“Oh! Ok. Annyeong Kiseyo.” We bade each other goodbye.

I skipped all the way to oppa’s car.

“You look happy?”

Come to think of it, i had totally forgotten that i was running away from Yunho sunbae previously. lol.

“Neh. I made a new friend today.”

“Really? Who?”

“Maya. I met her in the girl’s room. She’s taking the same course as I am.”

“Good for you.”

[On the way back home]

“Err. Oppa…”

“Hmm. What is it, Jiyul?”

“I’ve been wanting to ask…”

“Neh…”

I looked at his already healthy hand, which was bandaged before, and sighed,

“Is everything alright? I saw Yoochun sunbae’s girlfriend running out of the room crying the other day. What happened oppa?”

The more you keep it to yourself, the more she’ll get curious. She’ll find out sooner or later anyways. If not from you, it could be from Yoochun or even Yunho. Besides she’s your sister, she does have the right to know about her own brother’s problems, right? You wouldn’t want her to fall sick worrying.

He knew he had to say something.

“(Long silent) It’s a long story.”

“And I am very willing to listen to each and every detail of it. Please, tell me oppa.”

He made a left turn at the junction and pullover.

“Alright, dinner first before we talk. Ok?” I smiled.

This time, i wish he would smile like he always used to. Who knows i could lessen the worries he had in his mind? Who knows all it needs was a listening ear to cure his pain?

Jaejoong oppa, i miss you. the old you. seriously.



#Authors note: Wahahhaha! another update after a few days? i must have been totally bored. ok fine, that's a lie. i wasn't exactly bored. actual fact was i spent my weekends listening to TVXQ's PLAYLIST from my ipod and randomly typing all the way~ SO PLEASE DONT EXPECT SO MUCH FROM THIS CHAP. its just a breather i had to write out to balance off the previous few heavy chaps that i wrote. like i keep saying, its ok if you dont like it. this story is so gonna be a long one cause i still have another awesome character to add in and 9 more beautiful love stories to talk about. omo! ive just spilled my secret. alright, nvm. now all you have to do is flood the comment box. so go!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home